The MNTE Risk Analysis module was developed and based on the MNTE Risk Analysis Excel-based tool developed by UNICEF. The main purpose of the module is to provide guidance to health policy planners and decisionmakers on the situation of populations at risk of maternal and newborn tetanus (MNT) subnationally, at regional, provincial, or lower levels. Further, the module allows users to identify populations at risk and compare coverage levels of essential MNTE interventions among subnational populations. The module on EQUIST introduces key enhancements including:
- Provision of robust visualizations (including detailed maps and charts) of key MNTE indicators as well as MNT risk score*;
- Comparison of multiple indicators in the same dataset through maps and charts;
- Downloadable maps and charts for each dataset, including data.
- Automated and regular data entry through APIs such as DHS survey sources and DHIS2 routine data sources;
- Flexibility of adjusting scales for essential MNTE indicators and MNT Risk Scores based on context of country (feature available for MNTE Administrator role on EQUIST).